Forum Title: Diverter Removal - kitchen faucet
Hi, I am trying to replace the Diverter on my kitchen faucet. It's a single handle faucet with a side spray. After removing the body, there is a cover that needs to be removed to get to the Diverter. Can someone tell me how to remove this cover? See the image below: Image link: Thanks!!
Category: Plumber Post By: CHRISTY BALL (Vallejo, CA), 03/10/2016

Looks like somebody already tried to remove it and boogered up the slots a little, but it could be a manufacturer specific key. You could try using needle nose pliers straight on into the slots and twist, but that seems like what was tried and it could distort the brass even more. Do you know what brand it is?

- WADE FRANCIS (Bell, CA), 09/15/2017

Yes, the grooves are a little mashed, but there's plenty still there to still hold on to. The brand is Hamat.

- ALBERTO BARBER (Eden Prairie, MN), 10/07/2017

Support & Resources For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-880-2779